Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Art in the Office

I've recently been appointed to be the Curator of the HBO Employee Art Gallery. I've worked here for over 7 years and I'm always dragging my canvases to the office to analyze them and hang them in my little cubicle. I've sold a few pieces to fellow office workers over the years. SO, the powers that be here at the job thought that I would be a good person to coordinate this effort.

We had our first gallery opening for the staff right after Labor Day. Of course, since I'm the Curator, I decided that I should be the first artist to exhibit. The office services manager and I hung my "L.A. Landscape" series of paintings/collages. So far, I've sold two pieces from the series to co-workers, along with two other pieces from my "Boss Ladies" series. Wooo Hooo! The Gallery has been receiving lots of exposure lately. We've got bigwigs coming into the office for screenings and meetings. The Gallery is situated right near these two locations.
Last week a corporate art consultant contacted me about selling my artwork to large corporate offices. Double Woooo Hoooo! Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to quit typing and filing for a living. Now, if I could only figure out a way to make a living by sitting on the couch, watching TV and crocheting granny squares!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:48 PM PDT, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

Wow, congrats!! I'm so proud of you, you thriving artist you!!!

 
At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Drew! You are too kind. Thanks for the compliments.
Back to crochet....have you seen Regina's Skeleton Antimacassar? It's incredible! I want the world to see her work!www.monstercrochet.com

 
At 5:55 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Great news Ellen!!!! How fabulous is that???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery