Friday, January 20, 2006

Sonia? Heidi?

Is it really Ellen? Sonia? Heidi?
I finished the vintage crocheted, flowered headband (pattern provided by Regina). I can't decide if I look more like Sonia Henie of Norway or Heidi of Switzerland. I think I attached two flowers too many to this band. Three flowers would have been perfect. Those extra two flowers on the side bug out like strange alien earmuffs. They did, however, keep my ears warm at last night's WeHo SnB at the Farmers Market. It has been cold and windy in Los Angeles this week. 100% virigin acrylic can really keep your ears nice and toasty.
Watch for me darting around town this weekend in my Scandinavian gear!
Speaking of this weekend, Larry and I are attending an art show tonight of photos of Gram Parsons. Here's what the article in the "L.A. Times" said about the show:
"Grievous Angel: An Intimate View of Gram Parsons" will display about 30 works, mostly of the late singer by the likes of rock photographer Jim McCrary, Parsons documentarian Tom Wilkes, entertainment photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker and friend Andee Cohen Nathanson. They are rounded out by Jeaneen Lund's photos of the desert and the Joshua Tree motel room in which Parsons died of a morphine-tequila overdose in 1973 at age 26.
"Grievous Angel: An Intimate View of Gram Parsons," Harmony Gallery, 5911 1/2 Franklin Ave., L.A. Opening night, 8 to 10 p.m. Friday. Regular hours: noon to 7 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Ends Feb. 20. (323) 957-7965, www.counterpointrecordsandbooks.com
After the art show, we may catch one of Evie Sands' sets at Taix's restaurant on Sunset. I've known Evie for a few years. I first became aquainted with her music when I was the engineer on Billy Vera's Rock 'n Roll Party radio show on KCRW radio in the late '80's. Evie later appeared on my radio show, "The Friday Night Blues Revue" that I co-hosted with John "Juke" Logan on KPCC Radio from 1992 to 2000. That was before KPCC went to an all-talk format. Juke and I invited all sorts of wonderful blues, R & B, jazz and roots artists on the show to perform, and Evie was one of our favorite guests.
Saturday, the Billy Shire Fine Arts on Washington near Fairfax is having an art opening of Miriam Wosk's work. She's one of my collage idols. It's going to be a busy weekend!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:35 AM PST, Blogger Jennifer said...

that was such a cute headband, I forgot to tell you that last night.

And thank you again for the vintage patterns for my birthday! There are some cute ones in there. (and some that you wonder what they were thinking! *grin*) I loved the teddy bear one and will most likely add that to my list of things I want to make!

 
At 12:47 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) If you don't have enough to do, you can always check out Mr. Winkle's exhibit: http://www.mrwinkle.com/news.htm

 
At 2:33 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

oOOOO...Denise! I love Mr. Winkle! He's so adorable. Thanks for the hot tip. I am friends with many people in the 'small dog world' (www.lapr.org) and I did hear a rumor that Mr. W. may no longer be with us. Do you know fer sure?

 
At 3:47 PM PST, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

cute as a button!

 
At 11:06 AM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You look mahvelous darling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery