Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sophisticated Babies

Baby Pink 'Chanel' Sweater Jacket
Recently, a few of my friends and relatives have announced that they are expecting babies! I've been crocheting baby afghans, baby sweaters, baby hats, baby bibs, baby toys, etc. I'm not sayin' which gift is for which baby, 'cause that would spoil the surprises. Here are a couple of sweaters I'm working on. One is a baby 'Chanel' pink with black trim. The other is aqua, also with black trim. I like the look of black trim on sweaters for babies as well as for big folks. I suppose it's my granny square afghan mentality...everything looks good trimmed in black. Black or white sets off the colors and makes them pop and look sharp. Don't you want your babies to look sharp and sophisticated while they're spitting up?
Both sweaters are crocheted with acrylic (washable) yarn. Finishing touches are forthcoming! I always like knitting and crocheting for babies. The amount of yarn used is minimal, the projects are fast and easy to complete and I can work out sweater design problems on small baby items as a pattern for larger, adult items. I often donate my creations to Stitches From The Heart. Think about using up your leftover yarn to make some baby items for donations.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 12:48 PM PDT, Blogger Sachi said...

I can totally see a big Chanel logo applique on that pink one!!! Hey... there's an idea... ;-)

 
At 2:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

I think these sweaters look so sophisticated! Any baby would be proud to wear them.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 7:10 PM PDT, Blogger tk said...

those are great!

 
At 12:15 AM PDT, Blogger Vanessa said...

those are beautiful!
Are they your own design, or are they a printed pattern that could be found somewhere?

 
At 8:28 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

too too cute...a sweet girl could go to the Devil wears Prada premiere in that kind of chic...if it were animated I suppose...if my sister in law has a girl I will be wanting to make one too

 
At 10:10 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi,
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Vanessa, I didn't use a pattern, I just made my usual kid sweater in pink and then trimmed it in black. You could use any baby sweater pattern...it's the colors that give it that Chanel look.

 
At 10:37 PM PDT, Blogger Julie said...

Fantastic sweaters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery