Thursday, February 22, 2007

Casa de Everything

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I drove up to Gilroy, CA yesterday...on my way to Stitches West in Santa Clara. On my way, I stopped at Casa de Fruta in Hollister. Many people suggested that I would like this place. They were right!
Casa de Fruta is basically an overgrown fruit and nut stand, along with some roadside attractions. It seems that this family farm is now a corporation....it's great. There's Casa de Fruta, Case de Wine, Casa de Carousel, Casa de Choo Choo, etc. I purchased some yummy homegrown tangerine marmelade.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Back on the road and on to more important shopping. My next stop was the Premium Outlet in Gilroy. Lots of stores to choose from. I ended up doing most of my shopping at the Coldwater Creek outlet. Interesting clothes...very much like Chico's. I bought a few tops, some killer tooled leather slides and I found this fantastic boiled wool sweater with almost the exact design as my yarny Dansko clogs! I know...this might just be toooo cute for me, but I couldn't resist.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was tired after shopping, found a hotel, ate dinner and went to bed while watching "American Idol." This morning (Thursday) it was really raining hard. I loaded up my car and drove about a half-hour to Santa Clara and the Hyatt Hotel. I registered for all of my yarnalicious classes and then hot-foot it over to the Westfield Mall. I needed to get to the Apple store so I could figure out how to blog from the hotel and hook up the air port, etc. The Mac-Genius at the Apple store was very accommodating. As you can see, I'm hooked up!

I attended an afternoon class with the faboo Sally Melville. It was BRILLIANT. I'll blog more about that later. I'm off to the preview of the Stitches Marketplace! Can't wait to see all the yarn and accessories.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:17 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, I am so glad you stopped at Casa de Fruta. Now that's a PLACE! I love it. I *have* to stop in, wander around and stretch, and buy, like, a magnet and hot sauce every time I'm driving home from a family visit. So fun!

Enjoy Stitches...

 
At 10:15 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

Coldwater Creek does my wardrobe! It used to be Eddie Bauer, but I decided I needed a little more class. The shoes and clothes look great! Can't wait to see you in them.

 
At 11:08 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Love those slides! And before I noticed your yarn clogs in the pic, I thought, That sweater is just like Ellen's shoes.

More, more, more, more news from the road. I CAN'T WAIT to hear about your Debbie New class!

 
At 9:49 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wow. That sweater/clog combo is DA BOMB. Seriously. You are just too faboo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery