Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer Solstice

Peachy Goodness
Today is the longest day of the year...the summer solstice. I know this to be true, because Bennett's Ice Cream at the Original Farmers Market brought out their fresh peach ice cream yesterday. Celebrate the season.

In other "news", I just couldn't help myself. Really. Kim, at last week's WeHo SnB brought some of her leftover yarn to share. I picked up a few skeins of 100% virgin acrylic. I couldn't resist two skeins of Caron variegated in a colorway that I knew my sister-in-law would love. Ginny is a redhead. The rusty color in this blue-ish colorway is going to look great on her! Ginny's birthday is next week. I whipped up another Melted Melville for her. Thanks, Kim!


Ginny's MM

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:48 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I am mad at Bennett's. The peach ice cream I had there last week tasted like Bazooka bubblegum. Hardly any peachy flavor at all and a funny aftertaste. Maybe they busted out some actual peaches for Solstice.

I'm obviously bitter over this and needed to vent it somewhere! Ha.

Loving the Melted Melville. Those things whip up so fast!

 
At 3:29 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

That melted melville looks incredible. One day...

 
At 4:25 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Mmmmmmm. Ice cream!! It is also my anniversary @ work - EIGHT YEARS. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Your M/M is gorgeous. I don't care what kind of yarn you used, it really looks nice.

 
At 8:33 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen, you always make the best M/Ms. You know how I envy your ability to whip them out. And I always envy ice cream...melty especially!

monkeygurlllll!--I'm almost at 31 years with same entertainment company. Believe me when I say I'm counting down the days!

 
At 1:58 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Happy summer! (I'm all about the happy today, aren't I?)

Love your melty post - ice cream and another pretty MM.

 
At 9:30 AM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Okay, now I need to score me some ice cream--and I don't mean the lo-fat, artificially sweetened stuff in my freezer, either (The Daughter put it there, ugh!). Time to head to Fosselman's over in Alhambra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery