Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stash Enhancement

Goodness knows I do not NEED more yarn. HOWEVER, during my travels this past weekend, I happened to stop in at two lovely LYSs. Compatto, a Yarn Salon on Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica was having a half-off sale. I picked up four skeins of Tahki-Stacy Charles, Bunny Print. This yarn is super soft, 50% merino wool, 25% alpaca and 25% acrylic. I need a few different colors for more "wristys" for holiday gifts.

THEN, I zoomed south to Mar Vista to check in with the ladies at A Mano. I sat down at the table with Shannita and few others and knit a bit before checking out the yarns. This little shop is fully packed with yummy yarniness, along with every book and magazine on knitting and crochet. I purchased 2 skeins of Vergnasco Di.ve' in a rusty colorway (more wristys). My eyes wandered over to yarn next to the cash register and knitting needles. There I spied some gorgeous Schaeffer Yarn in 100% mercerized pima cotton. The yarn is called "Laurel," but the colorway I chose is "Frida Kahlo." The color concept is one of a series created for memorable women in history. A short biography of Frida was on the back of the tag. How perfect! I often wear colorful, crocheted flower headbands to emulate my artistic idol, Frida Kahlo. I absolutely LOVE this yarn. Not sure what I'll make with it. Have you enhanced your stash lately?
I mentioned to Shannita about our WeHo SnB Stitch n' Witch party coming up on Thursday, November 1st. She wasn't able to attend last year, but she put the party on her calendar and she's coming next week! ALSO, Shannita graciously offered to add to our prize bags for the costume portion of the evening! Yippee....A Mano and Shannita are the greatest!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to me like you have this orange and brown fixation!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:53 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

Darn, Ellen, now I have to go find some of that yarn (but in wool, not cotton) to make something for Meighan, who LOVES Frida! When I was in Carmel, I found a Sock Shop that had Frida socks--for real. Of course I got her a pair, and if they had had a second pair I'd have gotten you one too!

 
At 7:28 PM PDT, Blogger Pam said...

YUM!

 
At 7:55 AM PDT, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

You seem to have the same taste in yarn colors as our beloved Yarn Harlot (she also seems to gravitate towards the autumnal/orangey goodness.)

I love that Frida Kahlo yarn and I LOVE A Mano. You're right, Shannita, Annette and the gang there are absolutely the best.

 
At 2:05 PM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

I love looking at the Schaeffer yarn. I have to admit analysis paralysis when it comes to selecting a color as I get "blinded" by the names and find myself drawn to people I admire more than the color.

 
At 12:02 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Nice stash enhancement. That Frida especially makes my mouth water. And Bunny Print for half off? Score!

WeHo SnB sounds like a blast - can't wait to see photos of you in costume.

P.S. Are you practicing your cackle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery