Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Single Wristy Syndrome

Single Wristy Syndrome

You've heard of "single sock syndrome." That's when you knit up one sock, then you get bored or distracted and never knit up the second sock. This has happened to me. Has it happened to you?

I am now suffering from "single wristy syndrome" (SWS...not to be confused with Patons' SWS...soy wool solid yarn). Maybe I spy a perfect ball of yarn for a pair of wristys. I knit up one wristy, then I spy another ball of yarn that would also be perfect for a pair. Well, I want to see what that new yarn will look like knitted up. This has happened to me quite a bit, during my marathon holiday wristy knitting program. As the holidays draw near, I'm finally going back to all of those single wristys and knitting their partners.

SWS will not trap me. I am determined to finish up my 20 pairs of wristys for Gift-giving--2007!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

I think you will surely hit your goal. This is only an opportunity to offer variety into your process, not a stumbling block. I have knit two sets of socks just so I can start a new one and then alternate the second socks to avoid feeling overwhelmed by the second one. your wristies look great!

 
At 2:04 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Not all wristy things have to match as not all socks have to match. They just sort of have to like each other. When I found this out my SSS was solved.

I've seen these in person and they are wonderful, put me on you Holiday list.

Thank you for the beautiful yarn, I love it.

 
At 4:09 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Not all wristy things have to match as not all socks have to match.They just sort of have to like each other." LOL...that is such a GREAT quote!

I have Noro some wristies that I'm working on that don't look anything like each other...and are from the same skein of yarn! So annoying. I'll keep Ana's brilliant observation in mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery