Friday, December 28, 2007

Knit Gifts

Usually, I'm the one who knits and/or crochets gifts for EVERYONE!!! It's so nice to receive a gift knitted especially for ME. I so appreciate it! Thanks to the lovely Madgik and to the talented Ellene for gifting me with beautifully hand-knit, hand-crocheted holiday gifts.

Just before Christmas, while getting my knit-on with the Eastside Montrose Monday KnitGrrls, Ms. Madge gifted me with this beautiful scarf! I just LOVE the colors, the pattern and how nicely blocked it is. This color just happens to perfectly match a pair of glasses that I wear often. How stylin'...thanks again Madge. You must illuminate the reading public on the pattern....I know you told me where you found it, but I was so excited to receive a hand-knit gift that I forgot.
Madge's Pumpkin-Lite Scarf
Just after Christmas, Ellene and I were having lunch at Surfas at the edge of Culver City and traded holiday gifts. Ellene knitted and crocheted these beautiful wristwarmers for me. She's publishing the pattern and packaging it with yarn for a kit. You can read about a similar version of the wristwarmers here. I've been wearing these non-stop since I received them!

"Hot Hands" by Ellene

Thanks again, Goils! You're the best! Did you receive any handmade gifts this year? Let me know!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:52 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GA-ORGEOUS scarf. That really is lovely and fluffy and a perfect color for you! I *wish* someone would give me knitted gifts, even if just to return the ones I gave them (it's so hard to let go...)

Happy New Year to you and Mr. Larry!

{{heh, heh - my word verf - "fwxhznit" - fox has knit?

 
At 2:16 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

Love the scarf, and yes yes, please ask her to post the pattern. (I'll leave a comment on her blog begging for it if you think that'll help!)

And how nice for you to receive a pair of wristys - after all of your hard work knitting them up for others! Those are cute - and very different from the ones I've seen so far, so I bet her kit will sell like hotcakes.

I was quite happy to receive a pair of hand-knit socks from my mother, my own personal sock fairy. I had talked about wanting a pair of purple and green socks, almost purchased a skein of Lorna's Laces with colors close to what I wanted, but my mother came thru with exactly what I liked!

 
At 8:03 AM PST, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love the colorful scarf you made for monstercrochet. I'm a beginner, but I would love to file that pattern away for later. Where can I find that pattern?

 
At 8:12 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

You can find the FAN-tastic bookmark pattern here:

http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

I decided it would make a great scarf. I used worsted weight yarn and a size "I" crochet hook.

 
At 2:25 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Aw, shucks... *blushing* I'm so glad you like your scarf. The design is Pam Allen's Lopi Lace Scarf from the book Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick.

I used Rowan Kid Classic in colors 849 sandstone (orange) and 817 bear (brown).

Happy Hogmanay to you and Larry!

P.S. Is it okay if I nab your photo for Ravelry? In the holiday zaniness I forgot to take a photo! Duh.

 
At 10:01 AM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

How wonderful! THey are both beautiful, and how nice to receive hand-knits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery