Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Socksperiment

Awhile back I found this etsy website that will knit socks for you! I truly LOVE sock yarn. Since I'm primarily a crocheter, sock yarn is thin enough for thick crochet stitches while still producing a desireable weight fabric for garments. I have knitted socks before, I just don't have the patience for those teensy-tiny knitting needles. Much of my sock yarn is targeted for sweater, scarf and hat projects, however I do have a few skeins hanging around that really should be knit into socks. I believe that the socks are knitted using an antique circular sock knitting machine. Fascinating!

As soon as my etsy approval goes thru, I'll be sending this gorgeous Noro sock yarn, #185 colorway to Fernwood Woolworks for some ladies' socks! I'll let you know the outcome.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 2:49 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! I have SO many hanks of Socks That Rock sitting here begging to be knit up. And I actually don't care if they're a cool pattern, etc. I'd just like to be wearing socks made from them. Thank Ellen!

 
At 3:37 PM PST, Blogger Lisa Carney said...

Ooh! Ooh! Please post the finished product when you get them, I can't wait to see how you like them. I'm thinking I could clear out some stash, have some new socks, and buy more sock yarn. Cool.

 
At 4:34 PM PST, Blogger Kath said...

I'll be curious to see how those turn out. I'm starting to collect sock yarn now but that's because I actually do want to learn how to knit socks. And as time goes by I'm moving towards smaller and smaller needles anyway!

 
At 4:50 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Can't wait to hear how this turns out!

 
At 10:06 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Me too! I can't wait to see the outcome. So glad you're the brave one to try this. Me? I'm still greedily guarding my sock stash like there will be no more sheep, wool, or yarn tomorrow.

 
At 6:28 AM PST, Blogger Jenn said...

What a neat idea! I'm also looking forward to hearing how it works!

 
At 8:53 AM PST, Blogger jenna! said...

I've read about this nice lady before. For some reason I find the sock machine facinating. I can't wait to see the finished product!

 
At 10:12 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

I am staying tuned in and anxiously awaiting to see those super socks!

 
At 6:02 AM PST, Blogger Allison said...

Genius! I'm going to do it too. Thanks for posting about it. I always learn about such cool things on your blog.

 
At 11:39 AM PST, Blogger Pam said...

YUM!

 
At 7:14 AM PDT, Blogger mathstuition said...

I track down a generally excellent site for the maths tuition, You can visit this site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery