Monday, February 25, 2008

If I'm Sittin', I'm Knittin'

Lots of sittin' and knittin' this weekend! On Saturday, after all my errands were run, I zoomed over to the Fairview Branch of the Santa Monica Library, Ocean Park @ 21st St. to meet up with the Fairview Knitters. This is small, but very nice group that meets on the second and fourth Saturday of the month in the multi-purpose room of this small branch library. Heather is the organizer. It was raining on Saturday afternoon, so the turnout was small, but everyone was really welcoming AND Heather served tea and cake! I will definitely visit with this Westside group of stitchers again! It's freeway close and there's easy street parking on Saturdays. Why don't you join us?

We had breakfast with Mom and her current husband on Sunday at the Roll 'n Rye Deli inn Culver City. I had her try on her cardigan in progress. It looks great on her! I have about 7 more inches to knit on the body of the sweater, then I'll knit the sleeves. I'll probably crochet a button band and only add buttons to the yoke portion of the sweater. Once blocked, this should give the sweater a swing-coat look.

Mom @ Roll 'n Rye

I got lots of knitting done while we were sitting on the couch watching endless pre-Oscar shows on TV on Sunday. I feel like Larry and I are part of fabric of the couch....six hours straight....ugh! I'm tee-veed out!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:03 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Shoot!!! And I was showered and dressed and IN THAT PART OF TOWN!!! I cudda used some cake.

Moms looks great, as always.

 
At 2:52 PM PST, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

Your mom looks wonderful and the sweater looks like it's going to fit great!

Top down designs rock!

 
At 7:55 PM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Looking at your mom and reading "her current husband" make me think she really goes through the fellas! LOL! She's such a babe.

Your sweater fits her to a tee, Ellen! It's going to be a perfect knit.

 
At 9:43 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

Mom is so cute in her cardi! What a lucky gal to have a daughter who knits her a sweater.

 
At 2:41 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute cardi!

 
At 6:52 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater looks great!!!

 
At 8:21 PM PST, Anonymous arabian horse breeders said...

what a stylish mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery