Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Koigu

I stopped by A Mano on Saturday to check out their 40% off Koigu sale. When I got there most of the Koigu selection was gone. HOWEVER, I did manage to purchase three skeins of the above colorway. I'm not a blue person. I almost never wear blue (except aqua). I thought I might use some of my Koigu stash and pair this blue-ish yarn with another color and knit one of those chevron scarves, where you alternate the colorways every two rows.
When I got home I found a pinkish Koigu in my stash. Perfect! An Easter scarf....all pink and blue and pastel! I cast on for the chevron scarf and didn't like it. The pile o' Koigu layed around for a few hours until I decided to just try my go-to "Rhoda" crocheted scarf pattern. I love it! I may gift this creation or I may keep it for myself. Once it's blocked, it should be stunning!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:12 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors in your new scarf are so happy!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:38 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Mmmmmmmmm. Much tastier looking than the hamentaschen, bread pudding, or sweet potato fritters all put together!

 
At 4:58 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...L.A. Ell! That is the most bee-yoo-t-ful combination I have EVER seen! I want one.

Jennie
Austin, TX

 
At 10:20 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Simply gorgeous.

 
At 2:08 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Such lovely cheerful colours. I love it!

 
At 9:32 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Nice combo!
Do you serve fries with that?

 
At 10:55 PM PDT, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

What a fortuitous combo! Lovely!

 
At 11:23 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Whoa, I don't read blogs for a while and look what happens: I miss you and Koigu.

You're smart. That Chevron can kill a person to finish. Yay for go-to patterns. And Easter egg colors. And Koigu.

x.

 
At 5:48 AM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

That scarf is gorgeous. Love the spring colors.

 
At 8:59 PM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

Yet another lovely version of the Rhoda scarf. It looks beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery