Friday, June 20, 2008

Cool Gifts

Recently, our neighbors, Rosina and Nic, returned from a vacation in South Africa. They lived there for awhile, so it's always fun for them to visit. I didn't expect any gifties from them. We didn't even have to feed the cat or water the lawn while they were gone because their son, Michael was home!

It seems that Nic and Rosina were in an outdoor marketplace and kept running across PERFECT gifts for ME!!!!

Crochet Spiral Earrings

Very Cool Rasta Record Handbag (w/crochet!)

Tea Towel with Historic South African Warrior Embroidery

Rosina and I exchange tea towels at holiday time and whenever one of us comes back from vacation. I have quite a collection now. I'm thinking of possibly knitting a version for Rosina's next gift!

Another busy weekend coming up filled with art shows, knitting and crocheting, birthday parties and more, while trying to stay cool in this triple-digit heat spell we're having in Los Angeles! Have a great one.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:32 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen,

That LP/record purse is a scream! So clever. Are you going to cover up the marijuana leaf on the record label?

Jody
Beverly Hills Adjacent

 
At 4:33 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jody,

No, I think I'll leave the purse intact. I rather like it. I might stick a crocheted flower over one of the leaves, just for crochet's-sake!

Wasn't that nice of Nic and Rosina to think of me?

 
At 2:43 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

I love the crochet earrings, and the bag is very cool! What nice neighbours you have. Actually, I have great neighbours too. We're very lucky!

Have a great weekend.

Claire

 
At 12:40 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Crochet earrings. Cool!

And I love the reefer bag.

 
At 7:02 AM PST, Anonymous ms access said...

I want that Rasta bag! Cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery