Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Something

Red Heart Strata, Baby Cardigan
When we were driving to the desert a couple of weeks ago, I needed an easy car-knit project for the trip. Most of the projects I have on-the-needles or hook right now involve concentration, reading and counting. So, I decided to pull out a skein of my Red Heart Strata in the wild "Fruity" colorway and knit a simple top-down baby cardigan (size 10 needles, worsted weight, stockinet stitch) for donation to Stitches From The Heart. I just finished the little sweater the other day. I still have to add a tie or button. The colors are really bright and I love it......for a baby, that is. Not sure what I'll do with the 10 other skeins I have of this yarn....maybe a baby afghan?
Speaking of top-down cardigans, I read on her blog that crochet designer, Robyn Chacula is designing an interesting cardigan...it's kind of a Fair Isle Granny look. I like it alot....gives me some interesting ideas! Thanks, Robin....this would be an excellent stash buster!

Robyn Chacula's Top-Down Crocheted Cardi, In Progress

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 12:25 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet little baby sweater! I love the colors...so bright and cheerful!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 12:42 PM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Wow! the baby cardigan is adorable in those lovely bright colours. Very cheerful!

 
At 6:55 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Baby sweater is cute! Interesting yarn, I especially like the "Mosaic" colorway.

 
At 9:24 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Tooty Frooty...love that baby sweater. Only laughing babies are allowed to wear such a happy sweater.

 
At 3:23 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

So cute! I love it. The colors are too much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery