Wednesday, November 19, 2008

AlterKnits - FELT

There's a new felting book out called "AlterKnits Felt" by Leigh Radford, Photography by John Mulligan.
Pot Holders
I LOVE to felt! Felting a wool project covers up all sorts of knitting mistakes! I've made many felted handbags over the years. Leigh Radford's new book goes way beyond the handbag. In additon to many bags, purses and satchels, there are patterns for scarves, cowls, hats, pillows, rings, necklaces, bracelets, garlands, ornaments, boxes, pot holders and even an upholstered ottoman.

Shibori Bobble Scarf

Chair Covers

Take a look at a few of the projects....they're quite unique! There are needle felting projects as well as traditional felting. There are also projects using thrift shop wool sweaters to make bags and pillows.

This is a very well-written book with loads of basic felting information. Imagination and creativity are emphasized, but the samples given in this book will give you an excellent jumping-off point.

The tree ornaments knock me out!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This book looks great! Lots of small gift ideas for the upcoming holidays! Thanks for the review, Ellen.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:35 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

The cover is so cheerful and the projects look great too.
I love the tree ornaments too.

Thanks for the review!

 
At 8:43 PM PST, Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I started felting years before it became popular...of course, at that time it was all accidental. This looks like a great book! Thanks Ellen.

 
At 10:19 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to learn more about felting. I have so much wool that I don't know what to do with it! Thanks for the review, Ellen!

Mae
Westwood

 
At 8:50 AM PST, Blogger Kelly said...

Well, thanks to your review, I ordered this book! Just felted my first project, slippers, and love to watch the "magic". I can't wait to make new chair pads!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery