Monday, July 20, 2009

I Am Moonchild

Today, July 20th is a memorable date in our nation's history. This is the day that astronauts, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins landed on the moon in 1969, piloting the spacecraft, Apollo 11.
It's also my birthday.
Usually, on my birthday, I'm taken out to dinner. In 1969, my parents treated me to birthday dinner at that venerable Scandinavian restaurant on the Sunset Strip in Los Angeles, Scandia. It was made even more special by having little TV sets placed all around the restaurant so patrons could view the moon landing while nibbling on open-faced shrimp sandwiches and Veal Oskar. I do remember how awed we all were to see and hear Armstrong as he walked around in the vast openess that is the moon's surface.
For the past few days I've been celebrating with friends and family. I will continue to celebrate as long as the moon shines in our beautiful Los Angeles sky!
Sunday Brunch

15 Comments:

At 9:35 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Moon Child!

 
At 9:36 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

Good 'n plenty birthday, Ellen! Oh, the fun we had yesterday.

 
At 9:49 AM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

 
At 10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lynda said...

Many Happy Birthday Wishes. Have a great day.
Lynda and Ray

 
At 10:23 AM PDT, Blogger Merna said...

Happy Birthday Ellen!!! May you have the most fulfilling year yet -- and many more.

 
At 10:27 AM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Happy happy birthday Ellen!

 
At 10:42 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 12:04 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I knew there was something spacey about you...Happy Birthday!!

 
At 12:14 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy birthday Ellen! Have a fabulous day!

 
At 7:20 PM PDT, Anonymous leilani said...

A very happy birthday to you and a wonderful coming year!

 
At 11:53 PM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

Happy Birthday Ellen!!

 
At 9:26 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be your Moon Shadow?

Happy Birthday Week! (why leave it for just one day?)

Hugs,
Christine G.

 
At 2:29 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

 
At 9:26 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Hope you're having a lovely birthday celebration! I bet that fruit tart was dee-lish! Looks like the perfect summer dessert to me!

 
At 10:38 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery