Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Obsession

You know that I'm obsessed with the magnificent color combinations of Noro yarn. I've made many items out of Kureyon, Kureyon sock, Silk Garden, Noro Chunky, etc. Lately, I've been obsessed with crocheting the Kureyon and Silk Garden sock yarns. I completed a shawl out of Kureyon sock a few weeks ago (above).
I recently finished another shawl out of Silk Garden sock yarn. I scored this yarn at Compatto Yarn Salon in Santa Monica for 30% off! I just love this pattern and this yarn!Here's Heather at our recent Fairview Knitters meeting, modeling the Silk Garden Sock Yarn Shawl for me:
Heather @ Fairview Library, Santa Monica
I just started yet another Kureyon sock shawl in earth tones (below). Looks like I'll be ready when Christmas comes around this year! It's August....time to start your holiday knitting and crocheting. What are you making for holiday gifts this year?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:11 PM PDT, Anonymous Amy said...

How cool! I made a shawl this summer in noro sock in the very same style, and I've been meaning to try it in Silk Garden too--I think that yarn really lends itself to crocheted lace. Did you use 2 skeins? I wanted to see what I could do with just one. http://www.flickr.com/photos/52081476@N00/3680640763/ I maybe have enough left for a little edging.

 
At 12:26 PM PDT, Anonymous Annika said...

This year I'm just making a baby. I might make my sister a pair of socks, and I'll make something for Sam, but I think that's it. Now let's see if I can stick to my word!

 
At 1:12 PM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the edging you did! Looks great!

 
At 1:47 PM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

I saw this one in person and it is wonderful! Good job Ellen.

 
At 5:20 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Gorgeous! I love the scalloped edge. It's a really nice touch. Of all the Noro's Silk Garden is my favorite to work with.

BEE-yu-tee-full.

 
At 5:36 PM PDT, Anonymous laurie said...

It is spectacular!

I am also a Noro addict, I just love the colors and the changes. I'm not sure what I'm knitting for the holidays but I am making my parents' dog a sweater for Halloween!

 
At 6:34 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I am having fun with the Noro self striping scarf, with four skeins of the same colour # of Silk Garden.
I chose the brown/grey/beige #47, which has mysterious metallic blue sections.
Hats are good gifts for the Canadian winter - and quick!
Lisa in Toronto

 
At 8:15 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

The shawl looks quite light and easy to wear. I haven't knit with Noro yet but will have to try something small just to see what its like to work with. 30% off - what a deal.

 
At 8:53 AM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

GAH. Thinking about the holidaze already?! I just hope I finish the wedding gift I've started (wedding is Sept. 19 - wish me luck!) Love the shawls. One day, I will get the nerve to actually knit the silk garden in my stash!

 
At 4:53 PM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

I haven't crochetted in years. Think I could still do it?

 
At 4:59 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Donna! Of course you can still crochet! There are so many tutorials and videos online to give you a hand. Go for it! Crocheting is much faster than knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery