Friday, September 11, 2009

Vintage Photo Friday

Cousin Elkie, Atlantic City, N.J, 1921

How cute is my Dad's Cousin Elkie?!? Imagine my surprise, as I was looking through some old photos of my Grandma Ethel's, when I came across these adorable photos of Elkie wearing an entirely knitted dress and hat. She even looks happy about this! Amazing.
Every summer my Dad and his family would visit Grandma's family in Atlantic City. Grandma Ethel's parents, Dora and Bernard Pellicoff owned a kosher hotel called the Majestic Hotel near the Boardwalk. My Dad used to tell me stories about how he and his brothers had various jobs around the hotel. Dad liked working for the baker because he could get all his chores done in the early morning and then have time to go to the beach.

Check out those sweet little shoes!

I don't know who knit this incredible ensemble for Elkie, but she certainly seems proud of it. I recognize many familiar stitches: Honeycomb Stitch, Eyelit Stitch, Garter Stitch. I only met Elkie a few times when I was a kid. She lived in New Jersey and didn't come out to L.A. very often. I wonder what color this dress was?

More Vintage Photo Friday here.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1:45 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

The photo is darling, she really does look quite happy. See you tommorrow.

 
At 3:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! What a sweet little girl! I'll bet that dress was girly pink! So cute!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 3:23 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

that really is adorable!

 
At 4:32 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

She looks like a little spitfire. Must be a family trait...

 
At 7:18 PM PDT, Anonymous Rainy said...

That HUGE smile must be a family trait too! :-D

 
At 11:57 AM PDT, Anonymous donna said...

Too cute! I love the outfit. She really looks like she is proud as she can be to be wearing the outfit!

 
At 10:41 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

The knitted dress is darling. What a cutie.

 
At 10:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Trish said...

She's adorable... Totally...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery