Friday, January 22, 2010

Underwater - Vintage Photo Friday

March 1952
Ventura Boulevard and Woodman Avenue, Sherman Oaks

Originally published in the Herald-Examiner

Yup! We're underwater here in Los Angeles. I just heard a shower of hail on the roof of our office building here in Santa Monica. It's been raining on and off for days! This is very unusual for Southern California. Yes, we need rain, but enough is enough already!
My husband grew up in the Sherman Oaks area of the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I found this photo in the USC Photo Archives. It's a wonderful collection. I could surf it for hours. Looks like we'll be surfing Olympic Blvd. home today. Bleah. I hope your roads look better than ours.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:35 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

I just love all the old historical L.A. pictures that you post.

 
At 5:15 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of all the rain!!! I pay the 10% sunshine tax, dammit; I want my SUN!!!

Have a great weekend.

 
At 6:27 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Well it looks like the worst is over for now. Glad most of the area did not fare like the cars in your photo.
Love the vintage photos!

 
At 10:41 AM PST, Anonymous Twilight said...

Hail in Santa Monica? Whoa, that's unusual.

 
At 10:54 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had rain for several days here too but nothing like you are getting. Our sun is out today and it warmer...yeah! Love all those old cars. My vintage photos have just about run out. I will have to learn how to go to archives like you do.

 
At 3:25 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

I wonder if that little car made it through the intersection in the photo. I am not so sure. I hear the sun is out today. It's sunny in Texas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery