Monday, April 26, 2010

Pineapple Princess

When I see crocheted pineapples, I do not think of old lady lacy doilies. I think of Annette Funicello's rendition of the song, "Pineapple Princess." Yes, I'm a child of the 60's, stuck in my pop-culture world.
I've crocheted the pineapple pattern in the past. It's fun, fast and deceivingly impressive looking.
I saw this pattern online. I remembered that I still had lots of Denise's bright yellow Berroco Comfort Yarn in my stash....perfect for a Pineapple Princess scarf!
I do love how this turned out. I might add a bit of green embroidery at the bottom of each pineapple motif just to give it a Hawiiana look!

A Possible Mother's Day Gift?

The reddish-pink pineapple scarf (below) is made from Ella Rae Silkience. I like it, but it's almost too drapey. I think I'll try this pattern again in a bulky yarn! Once I find a pattern I like, I crochet it in several different yarns until I find the perfect match!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:11 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Ok I know it's time for dinner, the pineapple pattern made me hungry. Love reading your blog, been so busy with non fun stuff. Take Care.

 
At 6:52 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

That album cover is the best. "Hawaiiannette," lol.

 
At 11:19 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

That album cover IS the best. Lovin' the pineapples.

 
At 12:23 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pineapple Princess" always reminds me of Rodney Bingenheimer who used to play the song on his radio show. I used to love listening to Rodney on the ROQ!

 
At 4:44 PM PST, Blogger The SHARP Christian said...

I like your pineapple scarves, I made myself one from a pattern I found online, i changed it a little though.. I did four pineapples one way then turned it around and did four pineapples starting at the other end, this way the pineapples are facing down on each side instead of them all going in one direction.

 
At 4:58 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Great idea, Crazy Frog Crochet! THanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery