Tuesday, June 22, 2010

McPhabulous!

Granny McPhabulous in Progress

I've completed my assignment of crocheting 100 granny squares and sending them out to my Ravelry group for the Granny McPhee project. Phew! I wanted to get this over quickly so I could enjoy RECEIVING squares from everyone else! The squares are rollin' in. I love getting those puffy envelopes in the mail. Some of the packages received include recipes, tea, candy and more.
Squares Received with Extra Gifties
I started out joining four squares together then crocheting a few rounds as a border for each section. I like this version of a granny afghan.
I have progressed steadily over the past month. I think three more sections for the length will complete this afghan. Now I have to decide on a border for the entire piece. Shall it be lacy like this one? Shall it be simple like this one? Should I create something entirely new? Decisions!
I'm thinkin' that I might have more squares than I'll need for this afghan. Maybe I'll work on a project like the one below. You just can't have too many granny squares in one room....or can you?

Granny Square Lampshade by Sarah London

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

You really are making progress. It must be hot and heavy working on that! I think you will have too many squares if you are getting 100 as well. I love the lacy border. Whatever you do I am sure it will be great. BTW, love that lamp shade.

 
At 5:48 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

I think a scalloped/shell border is cute (maybe too cute for you?)And that lampshade is fantastic!!! Perfect for your guest room. Have you seen this? http://knithacker.com/2010/01/21/granny-square-rec-room-a-whole-crochetknit-hacked-room/

Suzette

 
At 5:53 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Good idea Suzette. I do like a simple scalloped border. I'll try it when I'm done with the afghan.

Oh yeah! I did see the Granny Square room. It's the back photo in this month's "Interweave Crochet." Whoa!!!

 
At 6:16 PM PDT, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

That afghan is turning out beautifully. I agree, a simple scalloped border would look wonderful on it. Lots of soul in that afghan!

 
At 4:44 PM PDT, Blogger Sara said...

You need that granny lamp shade. Love it!

 
At 7:59 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow, miss a few days of Ellen and a whole fabulous afghan appears! That is pretty wonderful. I vote for the Babette style edge.

also,having stayed over in the casa de crochet (sweet dreams!) I believe you can not have too many granny squares.Go for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery