Monday, February 21, 2011

Using Recipes


I've been cooking for so many decades, that I usually do not follow a recipe. I make simple food for us at home.....broil, steam, serve. Larry always tells me that he'd be happy with a bowl of cold cereal. Food is just "fuel" to him. Hah!
Lately, I've been sitting around listening to the "gourmettes" at my Sometimes Sunday Crochet group talk about all the fantastic recipes that they've been cooking, so I decided to change up my repertoire and actually follow a new recipe.
On Friday, before this past 3-day weekend, I stocked up on goodies at Trader Joe's, after perusing "The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbok" by Cherie Mercer Twohy. There are a few other Trader Joe-inspired cookbooks out there, but I decided to concentrate on this one.
On Saturday night I whipped up "Pesto Pork." It turned out great and I'd definitely cook it again. The recipe is simple, with excellent results. I sliced a pork tenderloin into 1/2-inch thick medallions and sauteed them in a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. until they were almost done I transferred the medallions to a baking sheet and topped each with a tablespoon of Trader Giotto's Pesto alla Genovese and broiled until the pesto was bubbly, about 3 minutes. While the pork was broiling, I deglazed the fying pan with a bit of sweet cherry and thickened it. I poured the sauce over the medallions and served them with a side of Jasmine rice and steamed asparagus. Dinner was divine and there were leftovers for the next night! Thanks for the inspiration, Girls!
Next up: "Okey-Gnocchi with Pancetta & Peas" from "Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's" by Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati,

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:57 PM PST, Blogger betty said...

I also love the "Cooking with Trader Joe's Cookbook -- Dinner's Done!" book. My favorite inspiration came from a recipe using the Trader Joe's steamed lentils. That's now my favorite product and I always keep some in the fridge.

 
At 10:16 AM PDT, Anonymous Beth said...

These looks so good! And I even have a jar of TJ Pesto sitting in my cupboard!!

 
At 12:30 AM PDT, Blogger Broodlee said...

You shared such a Beautiful Blog. Your post is really helpful for Food Lovers.

 
At 12:37 AM PDT, Blogger Jennifer Kayla said...

Wow, That's Really Looks so Delicious and Yummy. I also make different delicious food and Love this one too. If you add additional info then Your blog is Really Helpful for peoples. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:31 AM PDT, Anonymous jehan said...

Wow, this recipe looks really delicious and Yummy. I want to share some yummy & BBQ food recipes with you. top electric smoker
Thanks for sharing.

 
At 5:35 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Full Circle training studio is an EMS Studio in Dubai that provides the most efficient workout for your entire body including weight loss . To know about Full Circle health and fitness services, you can look for EMS training and other modern tools for improving health.

 
At 7:06 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Fitness Studio the mechanism About EMS is easy and simple to understand. It is a new way to work out without any physical movement. Our personal trainer is responsible to use a device for muscle stimulation acting as a therapy of muscles through contractions. These contractions are a result of impulses made from electrodes.

The muscle stimulation device is regulated by our personal trainers, qualified and experienced in training clients for fitness and health. People suffering from internal injuries and joint pain can use EMS for electric muscle recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery