Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Startled!


The other day I was going into our laundry room to do some yarny blocking. I opened the door slowly, saw the sink and the washer. As I opened the door even wider, I was very startled to see this half-dressed ventriloquist dummy sitting on the clothes dryer, staring at me! I let out a shriek and clutched my heart! I flashed on this "Twilight Zone" episode with Cliff Robertson.


Apparently, Mr. Larry had purchased this new dummy at an estate sale. He already has a dummy named Little Ricky, almost exactly like this one. Larry wanted to clean his new dummy's red sport coat, so that's why Mr. Dummy was waiting patiently in the laundry room, giving me that wide stink-eye!
I recovered and started blocking my knitted piece. I did expect Mr. Dummy to start wise-cracking and criticize my blocking methods!


You can read about ventriloquist's dummies in Larry's fave book, Dummy Days.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:45 PM PST, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Knit him a sweater!

 
At 3:50 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Excellent idea, Andree!!! I may just do that!

 
At 5:31 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I never trust a man with scarlet lips and better eye brows than me.

 
At 6:15 PM PST, Blogger Pandorra7 said...

Hahaha - I would have had a heart attack.

 
At 7:17 PM PST, Blogger joyceetta said...

Crap Ellen! I REMEMBER that Twilight Zone episode. Scared me half to death....but then lots of those episodes did. Don't know if I should thank you for the reminder or not!

 
At 10:54 AM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

He's so cute. Yes, you must knit him a sweater. Perhaps one to match Mr. Larry's??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery