Monday, June 25, 2012

Lapel Rose

Glenn's Crocheted Lapel Rose

On Thursday I spied a tiny crocheted rose in the lapel of a gentleman at work. This guy is Mr. G.Q., very well-dressed! I asked where he purchased the little rose....he proceeded to show me the button on the back of the rose that fits perfectly into the buttonhole on his suit lapel. He said he purchased it online. I searched a bit and found his vendor. This is a very sweet little rose and actually, quite reasonably priced.

Button-Back on Lapel Rose

Naturally, I had to see if I could make one myself. I didn't have any very thin crochet cotton on hand, but I did have some DMC embroidery floss. After a search through my button collection, I came up with a few of the proper sized buttons. I found a basic tiny rose pattern here.
I like my little rose, but it's a tad bigger than my co-worker's lapel rose. Must re-work!

Ellen's Crocheted Lapel Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:16 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

Great idea!
What about fake medals?

 
At 7:28 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I think you're on to something..lapel granny squares, multicolored, please!

 
At 11:04 AM PDT, Anonymous Kimley said...

So cute! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery