Friday, December 21, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday

Fanny, Abe and ETHEL Pellicoff, 1894.  Philadelphia, PA

Today is the Winter Solstice.  It also happens to my grandmother's birthday.  Ethel Anna Pellicoff Bloom.  She would have been 123 years old today!  Grandma Ethel died 50 years ago at the age of 73...young for today.  I can't believe it's been such a long time.  She made a great impression on me.  People say I resemble her.  She was very artistic.  She sewed and crocheted, played the piano and was a great cook.  I was just a girl when she passed.  I so wish she had been around when I was older so I could have gained more of her wisdom.  Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Ethel's High School Graduation, 1907.  New Jersey
The world was supposed to end today.  We're still here.  Have a marvelous weekend, friends!
Lawrence and Ethel Bloom, 1959.  Hollywood

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery