Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bleak

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition of "bleak"

1: exposed and barren and often windswept
2: cold, raw;  a bleak November evening.

3 a : lacking in warmth, life, or kindliness : grim
   b : not hopeful or encouraging 
   c : severely simple or austere 

Yup.  That is what our backyard is.  Bleak.  Larry is very particular about his stuff.  His stuff is all over OUR yard.  Just airing my grievances in public for a change. I try to be positive on this blog, but sometimes my negativity eeks out.  Sorry.
Over the years we've had multiple construction projects encroaching our very large backyard.  This has left less room for Larry's stuff.  Too bad.  Time to get rid of the stuff.  I've suggested (kvetched) for years and years that I'd like to have a place to sit and entertain in the backyard.  Larry, however does not respond to guilt.  He's not Jewish OR Catholic.  He calls himself a Generic Gentile.  How did guilt pass by this group?

Larry asked me what I wanted for my upcoming birthday next month.  I suggested that I'd like the exterior of the house painted and a patio/deck installed with some sort of tarp or overhang.  No gifts.  Just a nice place outside to enjoy.  We'll see what happens.  The deadline is approaching.

I suppose you could consider our yard  a wealth of photographic opportunity.   Time to reorganize that wealth into a habitable place. 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

I love to garden, and I can visualize your backyard turning into a great space with lovely plants and cozy seating areas filled with colorful cushions in your favorite shades of orange. Just think of all the outdoor entertaining your could do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery