Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pom-Poms

Ellen's Pom-Poms with Pom-Pom Maker

My yarny group, the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch has been obsessed with pom-poms lately.  One of our members, Sarah Sparkle is getting married to Leon in a few weeks and she asked for our help in making pom-poms for her wedding.  I believe she's going to use the poms instead of rice for guests to throw at the happily wedded couple.  Many poms may also decorate the reception tables.
Leon and Sarah Pom-Pom

Let me tell you, poms are coming out of my ears.  They're not easy to wrangle.  They pop up and slip out all over the place!  We must contain the pom-poms!
Ellen's Medium-Sized Pom-Poms

Sarah highlighted a method of making pom-poms with a standard dinner fork.  This is an effective way to create poms, insuring a uniform size.  HOWEVER, I just happen to own various sized pom-pom makers by the Clover Company.  I have found that using the pom-pom maker really enhances the shape of my poms!  Of course, you can just wrap yarn around an old piece of curved cardboard, tie it off, cut the pom and then trim it the old-fashioned way.

Another WeHo SnB member, Suzette, made teensy, tiny pom-poms.  They are totally adorable!  These teensy poms must have been really difficult to tame.  I'm betting that Suzette will find a few poms under her couch or between the cushions!
Suzette's Perfect, Teensy Pom-Poms

I like these pom-poms so much, that I even used them to top a head-band!  I wore the head-band to Sarah's bridal shower and then gave it to her so she could wear it during her pre or post-wedding activities.  Hmmm?  Maybe this pom-pom headband could be part of Sarah's wedding veil!?!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

I adore your pom pom headband! I love pom poms but have to confess I do not love making them. maybe I need a pompom maker...

 
At 10:23 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! As mother of the bride I know firsthand how much SarahSparkle loves all of you WeHo SNBers. She is very lucky to have all of you in her life.

 
At 10:25 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Awwwww...SparkleMom! You are so cute! We all LOVE the wedding shawl and beautiful scarves you made in honor of this exciting day! Can't wait to see pix from the event!

 
At 11:10 AM PDT, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't wait to be showered with all these pom poms as we walk down the aisle as husband and wife! xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery