Friday, March 27, 2015

Yarn Crawl Weekend


Frenzy time!  The 2015 L.A. County Yarn Crawl started yesterday.  Four days of crawling almost 30 independent yarn shops from Santa Clarita all the way out to Claremont and points in-between!  I've participated in all of the official Yarn Crawls in some way.  If I did not officially crawl with friends, at least I stopped by a few local shops to check out the specials and commune with my peeps.  We are lucky in the metropolitan L.A. area, from Santa Monica to Silver Lake, we have MANY shops to visit.
Last year's Yarn Crawl is a melancholy memory for many of my yarnie friends in the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Bitch.  Our fearless field trip organizer, Laurie-Ann Miller rallied around us and drove all four days of the Crawl.  Different folks traveled with Laurie-Ann on most of the days.  I was in her Friday group.  For many of us, it was the last time we saw Laurie-Ann before she passed away.  We had a great time investigating the shops of the far eastern reaches of L.A. County.  Read about our adventures here.
Yarn Crawl 2014, Leah, Marie, Brenda, Diane and Laurie-Ann. Purlside Yarn Shop, Glendora
On the Sunday of 2014's Yarn Crawl I picked up my Guild friend, Nancy and we whisked ourselves out to A Major Knitwork in Van Nuys to see how folks in the Valley knit. Apparently, just like us.
2014.  Nancy @A Major Knitwork with the former Crochet Car
Some of my past Yarn Crawl adventures, below:
2013.  Yarnover Truck in Santa Monica

2012 with Stephanie, Meri and Brenda in Redondo Beach

Unofficial Yarn Crawl, December 2005 with Natalie and Carla in Santa Monica and WLA

I was going to drop by the yarn shops close to my office on my lunch hour today so I could have my passport stamped. Yes, there are passports for the Yarn Crawl.  At the end of the event, you turn in your passport at your last shop, with all of the stores you visited stamped, to participate in a raffle for a divine yarny prize basket!
2014 Yarn Crawl Passport

I couldn't park in front of Wild Fiber Studio, so I continued on to Tuesday Morning, where I needed to pick up some wrapping paper.  Lo and behold...YARN!  There was lots of Lion Brand's newest yarn called "Tweed Stripes," half-price.  I resisted buying the orangey colorway, even though I really like it.  Instead I purchased some beautiful superwash sock wool called "Infusion Handpaints" by Universal yarn which has been discontinued. 


This Sunday I'll be participating in a mini-crawl with Suzette, Leah and Diane.  I look forward to visiting a few of our beachy, westside shops and having lunch with the goils!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe our paths. ..er crawls...will cross!

 
At 8:47 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I hope so, Patricia! I'll e-mail you with our route!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery