Friday, December 08, 2017

My Fave Holiday Gift

Barbara Millicent Roberts

Time to concentrate on the upcoming holidays. When I was a child, I always wanted a new doll for Chanukah and/or Christmas. After 1959, my doll of choice was Mattel's Barbie Doll. Barbie came with lots of accessories and clothes. I LOVED the official Mattel clothes. Barbie was always extremely stylish! Later, there was the Barbie Dream House, her Fashion Shop, her Corvette and of course, let's not forget Barbie's most memorable accessory, Ken.
My Mom and Grandma Ethel made some Barbie clothes for me. Later, I made some myself!
I still have my Barbie dolls, along with their wardrobe and carrying case
I found some vintage photos of Barbie dolls on the L.A. Public Library photo archive page. Behold:
1965. Barbie's creator, Ruth Handler from Mattel, Inc. with Barbie and other toys created by her company
1964. Pam of Sun Valley, playing with her extensive Barbie and Ken Doll collection!
Have you made doll clothes lately for your favorite doll? Check out these books if you're looking for inspiration. They make a perfect holiday gift!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery