Saturday, February 24, 2018

Palm Springs Ukulele Festival

People were playing their ukuleles all over the hotel!

I don't have that many images from my weekend at the Palm Springs Ukulele Festival, because I was too busy playing and learning! I've taken in so much ukulele information, that I will need a few weeks to process everything. My last class today was taught by Heidi Swedberg. We learned various fingerpicking patterns and strums to that old favorite tune by Elizabeth Cotton, "Freight Train." Heidi is an excellent teacher and the class was rewarding and lots of fun. All level players had something new to learn. Thanks for the great class, Heidi!
Ellen and Heidi with a virtual "hello" to mutual friends, Linda and Miguel
LOVE Heidi's Matisse paper cut-out cowgirl boots!


Our time in Palm Springs has been great. I wish the weather had been a bit warmer, but at least the sun was out! Last night we met up with my bestie, Jan at Thai  Smile for a delicious dinner. After, we had fancy drinks at the Tonga Hut! It was great catching up with Jan!


Jan's drink came with the obligatory umbrella
Tonight, our last night in town, we're going to an art event at the Shag Store in downtown Palm Springs. I hope to run into a few of our friends who are attending Palm Springs Modernism Week. Home tomorrow and back to work on Monday. Sigh.
SaveSave

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery